Servant's Story - 01


19 March

Dear Diary,

I only started my service at the manor but a week ago, and already there is something exciting happening. My fellow servants do nothing but gossip and speculate about the contest that is to be held in weeks to come. Apparently the Comte wishes to have a portrait of himself painted, and is calling on artists from all over the country to enter.

The maids never seem to stop wondering at the artists that might be attending, and I find myself tiring of their constant chatter. The other day, I happened to hear a particularly lively maid say that not many women were expected to make it into the final circle. When I asked what she meant by that, she merely burst into a fit of giggles and went on with her work. Perhaps she thinks that women aren't as good with artistry as men, which I find a rather primitive thought.

Either way, the contest requires a lot of preparation, which doesn't leave me with much time to write to you. I have a long day of work tomorrow, so I'll end it here for now.
Good night, dear diary.

-Charles


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25 March
Dearest Diary,

Preparation for the contest has kept me so busy that I fear I've had no time to dedicate to you. I'm sure once the ball has ended it will allow me more time to spend as I please. As much as a servant could hope for, anyway. I promise to devote myself fully to you as soon as I find the time.

The ball is only a week away, and hopeful contestants are already arriving. I helped move a gentleman into his room just today. He'd brought so many cases that it took fifteen of us and three trips to deliver the luggage to his chamber. He lay on his bed and read while we toiled to move the heavy items, pausing only to instruct us as to where we should set them down.

Though we're expected to know all our guests' names, his gladly escapes me. I should be careful of him, however; I've a feeling he wouldn't be reluctant to send a beating our way, should any of us slip up in even the slightest. After we'd finally departed his room, one of the maids couldn't help but remark on his looks. I groaned inwardly as she managed to go over every feature, starting at his jet black hair.

I've since made a note to myself to avoid that particular maid. Her endless inane chattering never seems to end. She even dared tell me I have the face of a girl. How I'd like to tell her she's the face of an old milkmaid's sow. Perhaps tomorrow I shall, but for now I'll get some rest. There's no telling how many cases the next arrival will boast.
Until the next time.

-Charles


1 comment:

Calix said...

Omg! You wrote some! hahahahaha. [didn't think you actually would]
You: glad to know you have faith in me. D<

[face pressed against screen, backs up two feet and puts glasses on] D:
[thinks of maka-maka] Ahahahaha. When Nene has her face pressed against the glass. [cracks up]

I was wondering why you were asking for the date. [laughs] But it makes sense now. I like the idea. It's like reading Mary Reilly but a lot funner. D: There weren't any dates in that though. Just. Entries. [always does just entries 'cause she can never keep track of dates] GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DATEFUL VENTURE. Hahahahaha.

This particularly lively maid is not Charles's best friend, is she...! But she is smarter HUMAN-NATURE-wise than he is. Hahaha.

I happened to hear a particularly lively maid say that not many women were expected to make it into the final circle. When I asked what she meant by that, she merely burst into a fit of giggles and went on with her work.
I guess he's as naive as Crispin is if he doesn't realize the Count only wants some sexy boys to spend the spring with. D: The Count just had to include Catherine because it would've been too obvious. D:

He sounds cute, this servant. Hahaha. Cute, sweet, and stupid. [laughs]

I helped move a gentleman into his room just today. He'd brought so many cases that it took fifteen of us and three trips to deliver the luggage to his chamber. He lay on his bed and read while we toiled to move the heavy items, pausing only to instruct us as to where we should set them down.
I just knew it had to be Joachim. [laughs] Prissy peacock! "Don't crumple my velvet coat, you stupid bitch! [throws hot coffee in her face]"

I hope Charlie (do you mind if I call him that. D: ) doesn't INCUR Joujou's wrath. Maybe Joujou doesn't like boys walking in on his Countfucking sessions. Or maybe he just would think a threesome is great. I don't know what goes on his head sometimes. D:

She even dared tell me I have the face of a girl.
Oh boy, that's just a set up for some manrape! No wonder he got hired at the manor. Hahaha. D:
Comte: get rid of those ugly ones, I want that one with the perty lips!

There's no telling how many cases the next arrival will boast.
I can!
Valentine: 9
Alain: 4
Crispin: 1 1/2

D:

Anyway! Haha. It starts off well so I hope you write more...! Unless you don't want to anymore. ): But it would be fun if you did. ]:

[just claps excitedly]